1. S+ have (or has) a lot of advantages over…(与…相比有许多优点)
Compared with B, A has (or have)many advantages.
英语好是她的长处。 She has the advantage of good English.
2. be of great benefit to sb. / sth. (对…有益)
3. …benefit sb. / sth. (对…有好处) Benefit from sth. (由于…而受益)
4. …do (a lot of) good to sb. (对…有许多好处) ...be good for sb. / sth. (对…有益) ...do damage to sth. (对…造成损坏)
5. …be as (not so) good as…, What he does is not so good as what he says.
6. …not so much…as…(与其说…, 不如说…。)
7. It benefits us in many ways / respects.
8. Doing sth. is beneficial to… 9. While…has so many advantages, we should not ignore the problems it brings us.
10. Just as a coin has two sides, everything has its advantages and disadvantages.
Two / some / many / for… / to…
1. There are … good reasons
Example: There are two reasons for the changes in people's living conditions. First, we have been carrying out an opening and reform policy. Second, our national economy is developing rapidly and the birth rate has been put under control. 2. We have two good reasons for…
Example: We have many good reasons to object to smoking in public places.
3. The reason for…is that +
Example: The reason for my being late was that I missed the bus.
4. Several factors are responsible for the phenomenon.
5. Their opinion is based on the fact that…
6. Those who are in favor of the …believe that…
7. These / The following are my reasons for my choice.
Opinions / views / have / hold / question / problem / matter
1. Different people …different … on this
2. Some believe that… Others argue that… Still others maintain that…
3. They are quite different from each other in their opinions.
4. Some people hold the opinion that it is good to have a small family.
5. They think quite differently on this question.
6. Which opinion is right / more reasonable? I'm inclined to accept the latter / the second view.
7. My opinion is that there is something in both of the views.
8. With regard to the question, I think a correct attitude is (that)...
9. In my opinion, whether it is good or bad depends on how we look at it.
Example: Parents and children think differently on this question. Parents hold that children should work hard and do well at school. Children, however, maintain that they should have more freedom to spend their leisure time and to plan for their own future.
1. We should take effective / drastic measures to stop / prevent / protect…
2. Faced with such a situation, what shall we do?
3. What should we do to solve the problem?
4. Perhaps the best choice is the combination of the two…
5. There are several ways to cope with the problem.
6. The government should make strict regulations / laws to ban such practice / to stop this phenomenon from spreading.
7. It's urgent for us to do something about this.
8. We should spare no effort / try every means to…
1. As a popular saying goes, “Every coin has two sides”。
2. As a proverb says, “Everything has two sides”. On the one hand, physical exercise is good for you health. On the other hand, if you don't deal with it properly, it will do harm to your health.
3.So we should look at the matter from two sides.
4. As a proverb says, “Where there is will there is a way.”
5. As a popular saying goes, “A man is known by the company he keeps.”
6. As is known to all, “No pains, no gains”.
7. To open a book is always beneficial.
8. All work and no play make Jack a dull boy.
9. Knowledge is power. 10. More haste, less speed.
11. A good beginning is half done.
12. Time and tide wait for no man.
13. Every little (bit) helps.
14. A little learning is a dangerous thing.
15. It's never too late to learn.
16. Easier said than done.
17. Actions speak louder than words.
18. Opportunity knocks at the door only once.
19. Failure teaches success.
20. A life without a friend is a life without a sun.
21. A contented mind is a perpetual feast.
22. God helps those that help themselves.
23. Early to bed, and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
24. Never put off until tomorrow what can be done today.
25. To read without reflecting is like eating without digesting.
26. If you want to understand today, you have to search yesterday.
27. Honesty is the best policy.
28. Each man has his limitation.
29. Don't put the cart before the horse.
30. A friend is easier lost than found.
31. A good medicine tastes bitter.
32. Things done can not be undone.
1. There is no doubt that…
2. It is obvious/clear that…
3. As is known to all,…
4. (It's) no wonder…
5. He didn't work hard and no wonder he lost his job.
6. It goes without saying that…
7. It goes without saying that healthy men are happier than sick men.
8. What is more important, …
9. I am convinced that…。
1. For example, the people's economic status has been greatly improved.
2. For instance, the economic status of the people has been improved.
3. Let's have an example. TV sets, refrigerators and recorders have become household necessities.
4. …is a case in point.
1. According to the figures given in the table.
2. This chart shows that…
3. As is shown by the graph, …
4. It can be seen from the statistics that…
5. It is generally believed / accepted/thought/held that … …
rise / increase / decrease / decline / reduction / drop / demand / income / population /
prices / production / slight / slow / steady / rapid
6. There is …in
7. be on the … (…在不断地增加，减少，上升、下降)
Example: The number of students in the college has been on the rise in recent years.
1. In my opinion, I am in favor of owning a car.
2. Personally, I prefer to work in the country rather than in the city.
3. In short, parents and children should learn to get through to each other.
4.Only in this way can the most difficult problems be solved properly.
5. In conclusion, we cannot achieve success without effort and hard work.
6. As far as I am concerned, I agree with the opinion that “No pains no gains.”
7. From the above analysis, we can see that…/ we come to the conclusion that…
8. Only in this way can we…
9. Only when we….can we…